Ingrown toenail removal is must. Many of you all may be suffering from this pain but you tend to ignore it but that can be really harmful to your health. If the ingrown toenail is removed in the early stages then you won’t have to face any difficulties in the future but your ignorance can even lead to surgery. An ingrown toenail is caused due to various reasons like that of improper way of cutting the nails, not cutting the nails for a long time or infection that is caused due to accumulation of mud and other dust particles in the toenails. Ingrown toenail removal should be done when you initially feel the pain so that the situation doesn’t get worse.
Methods for ingrown toenail removal
There are various methods for ingrown toenail removal but it totally depends on the stage at which you are. Few of the common ingrown toenail removal methods are as follows: -
- Epsom salt – This is one the best ingrown toenail removal methods as this will cure the infection without any difficulty. You should soak your foot in the Epsom salt solution for some time. If you do this on a continuous basis then the infection will be reduced automatically.
- Oral medications – If ingrown toenail removal is not possible by way of Epsom salt then doctors give some oral medication as well as some cream that needs to be applied on the infected area. This is one of the easiest ways to fight the ingrown toenail.
- Surgery – Ingrown toenail removal by way of surgery is one of the final options when no other option works. If you remove the ingrown toenail by way of surgery then you need to be very careful as there are possibilities of infection even after surgery. Apart from that, you should take proper care as mentioned by the doctor.
How to take care after ingrown toenail removal?
You need to take care of your foot after ingrown toenail removal. If proper care is not taken then there are possibilities that the infection will grow again. Few of the ways to take care after ingrown toenail removal are as follows: -
- First and foremost, if you have done ingrown toenail removal by way of surgery then proper dressing is a must. By way of applying the proper medicine and dressing the wound, the recovery will be fast and the possibilities of infection are reduced to nil.
- You should take the oral medications prescribed by a doctor after ingrown toenail removal. If you don’t take proper medications then the infection will surface again. Ingrown toenail infection takes time to be cured completely so during this time period, you should take all the safety precautions.
- After ingrown toenail removal, you should properly cleanse the infected area. Doctor will give you suggestions regarding the cleansing process so you need to follow that religion.
An ingrown toenail is a very serious condition. If you go for ingrown toenail removal, at an initial stage, then that can be done easily and you can also carry on with your regular work but you will have to take an off from your regular work if the situation becomes severe.