An ingrown toenail is a serious problem that should be consider, it causes heavy pain and injury to our toe part that is a big problem and we should be conscious about it. In order to get rid of it we should take some steps and measures how to prevent it and stay away from it. Here we will discuss that what should we do and what we need to prevent ingrown toenail.
WHAT YOU NEED:
i) A bowl
ii) Bactericidal (eg betaisodona) solution
iii) Nail clippers, best a corner clamp
v) A Nagelfalztamponade (retail foot care or pharmacy)
vi) Bactericidal, fungicidal and virucidal ointment
vii) Plaster or dressing
Where your ingrown nail is:
- Often a ingrown toenail is caused by incorrectly cut toenails. This can also be done already in childhood. Thus it may be that even in adulthood always grow your toenails. But this problem can resolve only an expert, so a podiatrist because the nail has to be completely cut out to be formatted again.
- An ingrown toenail may also be caused by tight shoes are. At tight shoes exert tremendous pressure on the nail edges and run so easily ingrown toenails. But here you can not even provide relief and cut out the ingrown nail carefully.
How to proceed in person affected toenail
- Lie down before you start, all the equipment ready, so you do not have to get up in between to get your nail tool, since your ingrown toenail is certainly very sensitive to pain.
- Your nail clippers should be clean and free of old nail remains. Disinfect your pliers therefore previously with an appropriate disinfectant or clean it with alcohol. Also wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Now bathe your aching feet with the ingrown toenail for 10 minutes in a bowl of warm water and a dash of bactericidal solution (from the pharmacy). This means that your ingrown toenail is disinfected and you will be protected from major inflammation.
- Dry the feet thoroughly afterwards, especially between the toes.
- Now take the corner pliers on hand and cut as much as possible of the ingrown nail at the side, lengthwise out. This can be very painful. Do not keep it out, seek a doctor or podiatrist to remove the ingrown piece of nail.
- Enter a small piece of something Nageltamponade bactericidal ointment (betaisodona) and plug it into the vacated space between the nail and cuticles in the nail fold. To do this, maybe take a pair of tweezers to help.
- Then enter to the injured nail at first a patch or a small bandage. Let However, if it is possible to heal the toenail in the air.
What you should know and do in addition
- Some people may not tolerate the ingredients of the above presented bactericidal ointment. But there are also ointments with other drugs that you may better tolerated and are also available over the counter.
- If you do not trust yourself to cut your ingrown toenail yourself, look better on a chiropodist, podiatrist or your family doctor. This also applies if there has already formed a purulent inflammation of the nail bed.
- Avoid select a size to tight shoes, prefer your shoes. Put even at close to nail a compress spaces between your toes.
- Cut to the future treatment of your nails as straight as possible, without cutting out the corners. The cut nail must run flush with the nail bale bale to protect your nail to the nail tip. Therefore, never cut your nails too short.